Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

critters

I've been getting into insects and other sea creatures lately, specifically mantis and beetles. I'll be blogging about sea critters later on

I haven't know the other species of mantis besides the most known European mantis, but i know a few species of beetles however, Rhinoceros (giant) beetle, Atlas (giant) beetle, Dorcus titanus (stag) beetle, and cyclommatus metallifer (stag) beetle

heres a picture of them


here is a cyclommatus metallifer (stag)(left) and a dorcus titanus (stag)(right)

the difference between a metallifer beetle and dorcus is that a metallifer has longer claws (mandibles (claws)) however moving on, we now have a picture of a rhinoceros beetle and an atlas beetle


the difference between these 2 is a rhinoceros (giant left) and an atlas (giant right) is atlas are probably most likely to be fucking bigger than the rhinos, and that atlas has 2 horns compare to rhino having one horn but small 2 little pointers

I don't know if giant beetles have different development in metamorphosis, but when watching the pupation of a stag beetle, it comes out of its shell being milky white, as it develops more and more its body goes round and round (i dont know why yet don't ask me) and slowly turning brown, and apparently it comes out of the skin peel from the milky white, I don't remember i dont know how i don't remember when i just watched it today

this post was just trying to gather my knowledge on beetles specifically stag beetles since i love them a lot, correct me if i'm wrong

you can watch a video about befriending a stag beetle here

now I will do the either 3; learn about the other animals i've been getting into, sleep, nothing

5 comments:

  1. Wouhhh!! That's so cool!!!!
    THESE INSECTS LOOKS VERY RAD
    Ngl, insects are very interesting little critters to know more about! Especially as there's ALOOOOT of them out there!
    I also remember having an oleander moth once as a pet!
    AND PLEASE DO BLOG ABOUT SEA CREATURES, I LOVE THEM1!11!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mantises, beetles and all insects are cool :D
      #CoolInsectBlog!!!!

      Delete
    2. I HEAR U LOUD AND CLEAR DOC o7
      I LOVE SEA CREATURES TOOO XD
      and gosh i love mantis too, especially europe ones (the commonly known ones (??)) they're so cool

      Delete
    3. SEA CREATURES
      AGGRESSIVE WALKING STARFISH ON LAND

      Delete
    4. Mantis are absolutely cool creatures, I won't blame ya for liking em

      Delete

Be nice & respectful 2 people in here